The language used in writing is important, but the requirement will vary depending upon the work being carried out.
- Use impersonal language to convey ideas and information, e.g. the interest is calculated by…, sharp scissors are necessary to…
- Use varied and appropriate vocabulary accurately, including subject-specific words and phrases.
- Use the third person to convey ideas and information, e.g. according to experts…, sources reveal that…
- Use technical terms, language and expression consistent with the subject content
- Use language to convey objectivity and impartiality, e.g. there are several different ways to look at this topic…
- Use a wide range of technical terms, language and expression consistent with the subject content