All pupils are expected to:
- Produce fluent and legible handwriting.
- Use a variety of strategies and resources to spell familiar and unfamiliar vocabulary and subject-specific words correctly.
- Use a wide range of sentence structures choosing connectives to make meaning clear.
- Use the full range of punctuation accurately to clarify meaning, e.g. demarcating sentences (full stops) and clauses (commas), and using apostrophes correctly.
- Write with grammatical accuracy, varying the length and structure of sentences to make meaning clear
- Use the full range of punctuation in order to clarify meaning, e.g. semicolons, colons, quotation marks.